Sunday, December 10, 2006

Welcome to the party

OxBlog: "BEINART: THE END. I recently finished reading The Good Fight by Peter Beinart, which I began almost six months ago. It took me so long to read because I made a commitment to post detailed comments about every chapter.

I made that commitment back in July because I 'expected [Beinart's] book to serve as the definitive statement of a muscular liberal foreign policy.' Let me elaborate on that. As many readers know, I started blogging more than four years ago, when I was still planted firmly on Democratic soil. Now I am registered as a Republican.

I would argue that in most respects my principles have not changed, but rather that as I learned more about the respective parties, I determined that I was in the wrong one. Reading Beinart's book was an important part of that determination."

1 comment:

chuck said...

I wonder when Adesnik made the switch. I could see him headed that way a year ago but didn't hear any confessions at that time. I don't think foreign policy is the only issue he has with the Democrats, it struck me that he was also tending a bit libertarian, or maybe I should say, he struck me as having doubts about the Democratic urge to rewrite and reinterpret the constitition to make it more progressive. I suppose that does make him a conservative.