Saturday, December 09, 2006

damnum absque injuria » Prager: I Sincerely Regret That My Words Were Misinterpreted To Wrongly Imply That I Meant What I Said

damnum absque injuria » Prager: I Sincerely Regret That My Words Were Misinterpreted To Wrongly Imply That I Meant What I Said: "Indeed, if Prager had spent half as much time researching the issue as he spent writing this silly article, he’d be hard pressed to name a single Western European country that does have a document similar to the U.S. Constitution. With prime ministers selected by Parliament and presidents serving largely ceremonial roles, the separation of powers as we know it is virtually unheard of. With no pesky First Amendment to worry about, states run television and radio, David Irving rots in prison simply for being an a-hole, and hate crime laws apply to what every American would consider protected free speech. Query whether Prager’s own column might be considered a hate crime in some of these Western European countries Prager touts as supposedly having a constitution and/or Bill of Rights similar to ours. Apart from that minor nit, many have constitutions more hospitable to Prager’s views on church and state."

No comments: